The Student News Site of Ankeny High School

The Talon

Upcoming Events
  • 4/24 Boys Tennis @ Southeast Polk
  • 4/24 Special Olympics @ AHS
  • 4/25 Girls Tennis @ Ankeny Tennis Center
  • 4/25 Boys Tennis @ Ankeny Tennis Center
  • 4/25 Boys Track @ Drake
  • 4/25 Boys Soccer @ AHS
  • 4/26 Festival of Bands @ Southeast Polk
  • 4/26 Girls Track @ Drake
  • 4/26 Boys Track @ Drake
  • 4/26 Girls Soccer @ TBK Bank Sports Complex
  • 4/27 Boys Soccer @ Northview
  • 4/27 Girls Soccer @ TBK Bank Sports Complex
  • 4/27 Girls Track @ Drake
  • 4/27 Boys Track @ Drake

The Talon

The Talon

Ankeny show choirs begin their season with a bang in Bloomington

(From left) Elijah Feldhans, Eva Drew, Adam Van Thomme, Atticus Pottratz (back middle), Jenna Freeseman, Nick Robie. “I love the energy that can be felt from every single person on stage. I love being a part of such a happy and intense ending of such a great show,” senior Atticus Pottratz said.

On Saturday, Jan. 27, the Ankeny Show Choirs attended the Bloomington Gold Show Choir competition in Bloomington, Minnesota. Ankeny’s treble prep group, Intensity, received first runner-up in the treble prep division for their show “Turn it Up!” Perpetual Motion, Ankeny’s mixed prep group, received first place in the mixed prep division, as well as fifth place overall. Their show “Clue” was also given the People’s Choice award for being an audience favorite. Ankeny’s varsity show choir, Visual Adrenaline, received first place in daytime awards, best choreography, and were the grand champions of the competition with their show “I am America.”

Other opportunities to see the show choirs perform include Feb. 10 at North Polk High School, Feb. 24 at Southeast Polk High School, and March 22-24 at Ankeny High School.